This Mother’s Day, we chose to collaborate with a dear friend of C/MEO Collective, Stephanie Ockenden.
A wonderful mother of three, Interior Designer, Artist and Strategic Development Head at the Art gallery of South Australia. Steph is an inspiration to all women; here she talks us through some of her tips and tricks to leading a busy life all whilst managing a household and leading a family.
With three young kids, self-care does tend to fall to the bottom of my to-do list, but I do try to make sure that I get 8 hours of sleep a night (potty train yourself overnight Madeline!) and eat healthily.
Being an extrovert, dressing well makes me feel good and I’m a better mum when I feel good! Trying new things, learning new things and networking are key to filling up my cup. I also think having that weeknight G&T after a long day with the kids is 100% self-care!
What are your top 4 beauty products for the busy Mum?
1. Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Filter is my number 1. I have dry skin and it gives me a healthy looking glow! From @meccabeauty
2. Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask in Gummy Bear. The best for dry lips and the kids LOVE to sniff me because I smell like gummy bears! From @sephoraaus
3. Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Push Up Lashes Mascara. The best wake-me-up mascara on the market. From @meccabeauty
4. Maybelline Lifter Gloss Hydrating Lip Gloss in Reef 006. This is such a cult find! I always get so many compliments on this gloss and it’s so affordable to get one for each handbag. From @pricelineau
What are your top 4 Art galleries to visit around Australia?
1. Art Gallery of South Australia (AGSA) obviously! AGSA is well regarded as one of the best-curated galleries globally. On the first Sunday of every month, there is a free family-fun day called START for kids aged 3-12, including art activities, tours, live performances and entertainment. My kids love it! @agsa.adelaide
2. Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA) in Sydney. When we lived in Sydney I often took Annabelle (my eldest) to ARTPlay. Such a wonderful and immersive art experience for babies. @mca_australia
3. National Gallery of Victoria (NGV). So chic. Always. @ngvmelbourne
4. Gallery of Modern Art (QAGOMA) in Brisbane. QAGOMA is home to a Children’s Art Centre with fascinating interactive installations and artworks for kids. But also, the weather. @qagoma
This year Steph is involved with fundraising for Youth Opportunities.
My challenge is to make a habit of allowing my kids to help in the kitchen. I’m a neat freak and like to do everything myself, but I do want to teach them independence and ultimately to learn life skills.
You can get involved by sponsoring Steph.
You can follow Steph on Instagram at @stephanieockenden